Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Musicals

I guess I forgot some things in my recent posts. I've always meant to post the fact that I was triple casted in my school's musical, however I get different ideas of what to post as I stare at the blank screen. This year, we are performing the Wizard of Oz, and I play a Munchkin, a Poppy, and a Beautician. As a Munchkin, I get to dance in a silly way. I get to make all the parts that are not choreographed in the song whatever I want. I can jump up and down, I can dance, I can even sit down! I'm not sure exactly what I do as a Poppy, but I do know that I try to hinder Dorthy and Crew from going to Emerald City. As a Beautician, I get to stuff the Scarecrow with new straw. I'm having a lot of fun with my parts, but I don't like the fact that I've had to practice over my Christmas break. I also don't fully know the dance for the Beautician (I had missed a day due to sickness), so I'm a little behind. Also, I think that some of the Munchkins learned an extra dance that I also need to know, but I can't find anyone who can teach me (I'm a little stressed over this!!). Anyway, the musical is a little different from the movie, and I think the musical has more jokes than the movie. That's all I really have to post, so I'll wish you all a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment