Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Power of Google

I know this one came out rapid fire after my last one, but I just saw something very disturbing to me. On Blogger, you can actually see what people typed into Google to find my blog. I try some of the keywords on Google, and guess what. I was on the first page every time, except once. Well, I shouldn't say that. I actually did show up on the first page for that one, but it wasn't my blog that showed up. There were 3 things of mine that showed up on the first page: a link to my Facebook page, a link to my YouTube profile, and a picture of me. The keyword that pulled up all this was just my name. This has shaken me a bit, because I have just realized that everything that parents say not to do on the Internet because it's easy to find for someone who's looking, is true. So, and this post has a moral to it, try to keep a lot of your personal information off of the Internet.

Some of the other keywords were "sarah surprenant blog", "schoestatt is bad", and "schoenstatt camp".

1 comment:

  1. Thank God that my name is closely related to that of a famous actress!

    ReplyDelete