Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cancer

Today at 11:50 I looked at my phone and noticed that I had a missed call. Under normal circumstances, I would probably have answered it or noticed earlier, but I had driver's ed and my phone was on silent. I go to my voice mail and get the normal pre-programmed message. Then I hear, "Hey Sarah, it's Quintin. I just thought you should know that I have cancer. I'm not sure what kind  yet, but I'll find out sometime next week. I'll keep you informed as new information comes. Please call me before noon if possible. If not, call me on Sunday."

Now, some of you may be thinking that it's just a prank, but you don't know him. He's one of the most serious people I know and wouldn't joke about something like this. He also told me once that his family has a history of cancer, so he's at a high risk for cancer. Does anyone know what I can do to help him besides cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment